Information and communications technologies (ICT) is a broad term that refers to all products and technologies that are used to create, access, manipulate, store, retrieve, transmit, or receive information and communications in a digital format. It is critical that ICT be accessible to all individuals.
IATP provides training on the importance, development, application, and integration of accessibility for information and communication technologies. Examples include:
- Federal and state laws related to accessible ICT requirements and compliance
- Organization infrastructure to address accessibility
- How to develop accessible documents (i.e. Word, PDF, Power Point, Google Docs)
- How to remediate inaccessible documents
- Development of accessible multimedia and websites
- Procurement policies
- Accessible communications
- Other technology and communication components related to ICT infrastructure
If you are interested in ICT Accessibility training or services, please contact IATP using our Contact US options or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page and the links to resources are currently being updated. Please check back soon.
Information Communication Technology (ICT) Accessibility Presentations and Resources
Technical Staff Training – What is accessibility? #A11Y
Illinois Education and Technology Conference – Accessibility: What is it, and why is it a law?
Illinois Education and Technology Conference – How do you know your stuff is Accessible?
How to make Accessible Documents
Microsoft Accessibility Checker What You Need To Worry About – NEW!