Assistive Technology Evaluation and Training
IATP’s Assistive Technology Specialists (ATS) provide assistive technology evaluation, training and technical support to customers at home, school or in the workplace. After a customer referral is made by a vocational or Home Services counselor, ATS staff identify assistive technology needs, provide either recommendations for home modifications and/or training on adaptive technology and software.
Services provided include:
- Assistive Technology Evaluations
- Individualized training
- Follow-up services
- Recommendations for the most appropriate assistive technology for adults and children with disabilities.
DHS Division of Rehabilitation Services and Home Services counselors use recommendations made by our ATS staff to help determine what assistive technology may be purchased for their customers.
IATP Assistive Technology Specialists:
- Work with physical/occupational therapist, speech/language clinician
- Provide on-site employment evaluations for specific worker accommodations
- Determine what home remodeling can improve a person’s self-care and accessibility
- And much more
To find if you qualify for services from DHS Division of Rehabilitation Services and Home Services (New Page)
To find your local DHS Office (New Page)