Cash Loans for Assistive Technology and Employment
Illinois has a loan program specifically for people with disabilities. The ILoan Program makes loans to purchase assistive technology for daily living.
ILoans are also available to reduce or eliminate barriers to employment. These loans would be used to purchase assistive technology as well as office equipment, machineries, ATVs or other items for employment, self-employment, home based employment or telework.
Some Facts About the ILoan Program
Some facts ILoan applicants will need to know include:
- Maximum loan amount is $25,000
- Loans for home modification are limited to a maximum of $5,000
- Interest rates from 5.5% to 7.5%
- Loans are made for 95% of the purchase price of the item(s)
- Hearing aid applicants must have an evaluation by an audiologist
- Loans are not available for a non-modified vehicle unless there is proof that it will be modified by another agency or it is for employment.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to utilize our ILoan application website.